Advocacy ... It's a win-win!
It’s a Win-win: Watch our video which tells you more about advocacy! We met with service users, referrers, commissioners and Advocates to talk about the importance of advocacy and making our services accessible to everyone.
Advocacy Centre North provides a range of services across the North East of England for people in different circumstances and to suit different needs.
Our Community Advocacy services:
We provide advocacy services to vulnerable adults including people:
- with mental health needs
- with physical disabilities
- with learning disabilities
- with neurological conditions and other long-term conditions
- from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities
- experiencing discrimination and hate crime
- struggling with the welfare benefits system and debt
- in families experiencing crisis
- with multiple and complex difficulties
Find out more about our Community services.
Our Statutory Advocacy services in Gateshead:
Advocacy Centre North currently provides statutory services for people in the Gateshead Council area.
- Independent Mental Health Act Advocate (IMHA)
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA)
- Independent Care Act Advocate (ICAA)
- Relevant Person’s Representative (RPR)
Find out more about our Statutory services.
Our other services:
We also provide all types of advocacy on an individually funded basis.
We can support you to increase your ability to make decisions, find our your rights and choices, say what you want and have your voice heard.
DIY Advocate is our new app for phones and web, launched in October 2017. Designed to be an advocate in your pocket, it is a valuable self-advocacy tool to support people who need to engage with various services, make choices, resolve issues and make sure their voice is heard in decisions that relate to them. FInd out more here.